About. . .

This website is meant for family historians. Readers will find information about how people and communities were impacted by natural phenomena – or Mother Nature. Blog posts will present examples of actual events and how families coped with them. Links will be added to websites and articles that may assist genealogists looking for specific data about certain areas.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Changing Landscapes

Read my recent article about natural phenomena and family history, in this case coastal margins, in the latest, April 2019 issue of Discover Your Ancestors periodical. In it you will learn about new lands were created along an major estuary in East Yorkshire, England, on which several families established farms.

The title of the article is Changing landscapes.


You can subscribe to the publication directly here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wayne,

    I purchased your book "Surviving Mother Nature's Tests" after seeing it reviewed in Family Tree magazine. As a geographer and genealogist I loved the maps, graphs and history. One of the weather events you covered was the 1920 Louth flood which caught my attention as I had ancestors living in Louth around that time. I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated your pointing me towards using weather data in my family stories and have said so in my blog https://andersonwarstories.blogspot.com/ and have included your blog in my blog list as I feel that other genealogists will enjoy learning about using this type of contextual information when writing their own stories.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete